Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 months old!

First things first, I am SO incredibly proud of my husband!! He made Staff Sgt! He didn't think he was going to make it this year because it was his first time testing, he has only been a Senior Airman for a year, and the test cut off score went up! BUT... he beat 97% of people who tested! He (and me too!) was so excited!! He won't sew on for about another year, but still, HE MADE IT!!

So my baby is now 2 months old! She gets prettier every single day.  She's smiling and holding her head up so well.  

Here she is on her 2 month birthday, August 20th!

I know this doesn't look comfortable, but I caught her squirming around, so this wasn't really how she was laying!

I wish I could figure out how to load these so they were facing the right way, but I can't, so just turn your head!  I made the headband she's wearing! I think it's pretty cute on a pretty cute little girl!

She sat in her Bumbo for the first time! I know it says in big red letters not to put it on elevated surfaces, but I was right there unloading the dishwasher, and she's not a big wiggle worm yet.

She had her 2 month appointment on Friday, August 21.  Sadly, it was vaccination day.  She had to get 3 shots and one oral vaccination.  
She was unsuspecting at this point and was happy as a clam. (I made this headband too!!)
I had to stop the nurse because she was preparing to take her temperature in her little hiney! HECK NO!! I wouldn't want that for me, so I won't let that happen to her!!

She's now 9lbs, 9oz and 23 inches long! The Dr. said she was long and lean! 70th percentile for height and 25th for weight! Skinny girl, but healthy.  Thankfully she's taking after her daddy in that aspect and not short and fat like her mommy!
Having a nice smily coo session with Dr. Shultz!

Here's my bad mommy moment of the day, I took a picture right after her first shots.  Mean mommy.  But, I wanted to document this occasion.

I had to run to the mall to get my friend, Tresa, a gift for her bachelorette party on Saturday. When I got to the mall, this is the adorable sight I saw.  Uncomfortable yes, but so stinkin' cute!

Later that night, she was really tired from her shots, and not feeling so 100%.  She passed out about 5pm and slept until midnight.  Then ate a little and went back to sleep until about 7am. Here she's cuddling with daddy on the couch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails