Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome Ella Sophia!

Well, Ella Sophia just couldn't wait any longer! She entered the world on Sunday, January 23, 2011, at 7:17am!

Here's the story...
Saturday night I went to bed around 10pm, and then woke up at midnight cramping.  Will was still up and playing a video game.  I went out and told him I was cramping, and he replied with  "You're kidding, right?" Haha! Nope.  I debated on what to do.  After I realized that the cramping was about 4 minutes apart, I called my mom and she came over to stay with Hayden while we went to the hospital.  I called my dad too, since he'd gone to San Diego... AGAIN. (Yes, that may sound familiar, since he was in San Diego when I went into labor with Hayden!) When he answered, all I said was, "You're going to love me!" He said, "You've got to be kidding me."

We got to the hospital about 1:30am, and parked in the garage, but the main entrance of the hospital was closed, so we walked around the hospital over to the emergency room.  I guess the walking did good, plus I knew they'd make me walk anyway.  I checked into the labor and delivery triage and was monitored for about 15 minutes.  They checked my cervix and I was dilated to 2-3cm.  The Monday before at my appointment, I was barely a fingertip.  She called the doctor and had me walk for a little bit.  She told me that it looked like it was only uterine irritability though, and they'd probably send me home if there was no change when I got back.

Well, Will and I started walking and my contractions got more intense.  After only about 10 minutes of walking, at exactly 2am, my water broke in the hallway! That was the weirdest feeling! I sure wish I had a camera to capture the look on Will's face! He yelled down the hall for a nurse and three came running! The put me in the room right where my water broke and said, "Looks like you're staying!"  I couldn't believe how fast everything was happening.

We called my mom and she called my grandma and had her come take over staying with Hayden.  We also called my dad and let him know what happened.  There was no way he was going to make it back in time.  They couldn't find a flight back until later.  He was really upset.  I also let my friend, Amber, of Amber Lea Russell Photography, know what was going on since she asked to photograph the birth.  I'm really glad she got to be there since my dad and step mom didn't make it back this time.

My contractions were a lot stronger than I remembered with Hayden and things were going faster.  I got my epidural when I was only 4cm this time, before my mom and Amber got there.   The epidural made my blood pressure drop and made me get sick.  That wasn't fun, but after it got better, life got better.  I was able to talk and laugh with everyone.

I started to feel pressure about 7am and was checked.  The nurse said I was complete and to try a practice push.  She counted "1...2... STOP!!" She called Dr. Mainman and he got there quickly.  Two, very easy pushes and my beautiful Ella Sophia entered the world at 7:17am.  She had a very short umbilical cord, just like Hayden.  Will cut the cord and then had to sit down and put his head between his knees.  (He claims he was just hungry...  :o) It's true, we were both exhausted and starving.

Ella weighed 7lbs, 6.9oz and was 20 inches long.  She looks like her big sister, but has her daddy's lips, long fingers and long toes.  Hayden loves her sister and gives her kisses all of the time.  She's having a little bit of hard time adjusting to the changes at home though.  We're trying to make sure that she's helping all that she can.  I love my girls and I'm so blessed.

More pictures to come!

Ready to leave the hospital!

1 comment:

Bee-Jai said...

Great story Staci! I'm so glad it went so quickly! I wish either of my deliveries had been so easy. Text or FB me whenever you're ready for me to drop your swing off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails